|Release||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Ore||Adamantite ore (1,176 coins)|
|This rock contains adamantite.|
Adamantite ore rocks is a protruding rock containing adamantite. A player with a Mining level of 70 or higher can mine adamantite ore from rocks found in various mines, granting 95 Mining experience for each ore mined.
- Bandit camp mining site - 8 rocks (level 35 wilderness)
- Mining Guild resource dungeon - 4 rocks
- Dwarven Mine - 3 rocks
- South Crandor mining site - 3 rocks (Moss Giants)
- Al Kharid mining site - 2 rocks
- Edgeville dungeon mine - 2 rocks
- South-west Lumbridge swamp mining site - 2 rocks
- Abandoned Mine - 18 rocks
- Jatizso mine - 11 rocks (14 with Fremennik sea boots 4)
- Keldagrim north mine - 10 rocks (Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf quest needed)
- Prifddinas - 8 rocks
- Lletya mining site - 7 rocks
- Desert Mining Camp underground mine - 6 rocks
- Grand Tree mine - 3 rocks
- Heroes' Guild mine - 2 rocks
- Karamja mining site - 2 rocks
- TzHaar mine - 2 rocks
- Dwarven Mine resource dungeon - 2 rocks (requires Daemonheim aura 3 or Daemonheim aura 4 worn)
- West of Mage Arena - 1 rock
The bandit camp mining site contains the most free-to-play adamantite rocks, but it is far from a bank, filled with aggressive hobgoblins, and dangerous since it is in the Wilderness. Hobgoblins will not keep you from mining, but you will still undergo attack from them. Player killers make this even harder because they can attack players who are unprepared. Using a canoe or a lava titan familiar makes this mine more convenient for members.
The Mining Guild resource dungeon, combined with the adamantite rocks in the dwarven mines, make seven rocks that are fairly close together. Utilising the bank deposit box in the dwarven mines resource dungeon makes banking of the collected ores quick. This method requires a Dungeoneering level of 45.
The next best way for free players to mine adamantite ore would be to go to one of the other mines and switch worlds after mining the rocks.
The lowest level of the Abandoned Mine has 13 adamantite ore veins, but requires retracing the steps of the Haunted Mine quest to get the glowing fungus (Note that the fungus cannot be re-stored in the cart). The fungus can be safely dropped while mining to free an inventory slot. The Jatizso mine is also a good place to mine as there are 11 rocks; however, there are ice trolls to worry about, they are relatively high levels and the males can hit 177, and the females can throw rocks over the rocks you are mining.
The Lletya mining site is a decent adamantite mining spot once you have completed Roving Elves and started Mourning's End Part I since you will be able to bank at Lletya which is a small run away. Also, transportation there is easy, since there is a lodestone only a couple clicks away. The mine is small, only containing the 7 adamantite rocks and is completely unguarded except for a small trap at the entrance.
The Keldagrim north mine is a good members place for adamantite ore. It has 10 adamantite rocks and is relatively close to a bank just to the south-west. Completion of the Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf quest is required to access this mine.
Currently adamantite rocks respawn in 6 minutes.
- Adamantite ore, like all other mined rocks, used to respawn at a rate indirectly proportional to the number of people in the rock's RuneScape world before the update on 13 March 2017.