|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|High Alch||240 coins|
|Low Alch||160 coins|
|Store price|| 1,300 coins|
|Exchange price||1,536 coins (info)|
|Examine||This needs refining.|
"Adamantite" redirects here. For the rock that adamantite ore is mined from, see Adamantite rock.
Adamantite ore is obtained through the Mining skill in various places throughout RuneScape by mining Adamantite rocks. It can be smelted along with six coal through the Smithing skill to form an Adamant bar, which can then be smithed into various types of adamant weapons and armour.
Adamantite ore can be mined with a Mining level of 70 or higher, granting 95 Mining experience.
Levels 1 to 99
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Green dragon 79 1 Common Ogre statue 75 2 Common Warped terrorbird 81,143 1 Common Basilisk 61 1 Uncommon Cockroach soldier 83 1 (noted) Uncommon Warped tortoise 96 1 Uncommon Mighty banshee 90 1 Rare Elf warrior 90, 108 1 Very rare Goblin statue 50 1 Very rare Ork statue 63 1–5 Very rare Slagilith 92 1 Always
Levels 100 and above
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Corporeal Beast 785 125 (noted) Common General Graardor 624 16–20 (noted) Common Ivory statue 108 1 Common Living rock protector 120 1 (noted) Common Living rock striker 140 1 Common Ourg statue 200 3 Common Terror dog 100,110 1 Common Warped terrorbird 81,143 1 Common Cyclossus 156 1 Uncommon Mutated bloodveld 126, 146 1 Uncommon Mature Grotworm 167 3 (noted) Uncommon Blue dragon 111 1 Rare Elf warrior 90, 108 1 Very rare Ivory Gromblod (cursed) 108 1 Very rare
Free Play Locations
- Al Kharid mine - 2 rocks
- Hobgoblin Mine - 8 rocks (WARNING: Beyond Level 30 Wilderness! (35) )
- Dwarven Mine - 3 rocks
- Edgeville dungeon mine - 2 rocks
- Mining Guild resource dungeon - 4 rocks
- South Crandor mining site - 3 rocks
- West Lumbridge Swamp mining site - 2 rocks
- Abandoned Mine - 18 rocks
- Desert Mining Camp underground mine - 6 rocks
- Grand Tree mine - 3 rocks
- Heroes' Guild mine - 2 rocks
- Jatizso mine - 12 rocks
- Lletya mining site - 7 rocks
- Karamja mining site - 1 rock
- Keldagrim north mine - 10 rocks
- TzHaar mine - 2 rocks
- Deep Wilderness (level 53) site - 1 rock (WARNING! PKers may patrol this site to kill and loot miners!)
The Hobgoblin Mine contains the most free-to-play adamantite rocks, but it is far from a bank, filled with aggressive Hobgoblins, and dangerous since it is in the Wilderness. Hobgoblins will not keep you from mining, but you will still undergo attack from them. Player killers make this even harder as they can attack players who are unprepared. Using a canoe will make accessing this mine much quicker. Even more so for members with a Lava Titan familiar.
The Mining guild resource dungeon, combined with the adamantite rocks in the dwarven mines, make seven rocks that are fairly close together. Utilising the bank deposit box in the dwarven mines resource dungeon makes banking of the collected ores quick. This method requires a Dungeoneering level of 45.
The next best way for free players to mine adamantite ore would be to go to one of the other mines and switch worlds after mining the rocks.
The lowest level of the Abandoned Mine has 13 adamant ore veins, but requires retracing the steps of the Haunted Mine quest to get the glowing fungus. The fungus can be safely dropped while mining to free an inventory slot. The Jatizso members mine is also a good place to mine as there are 11 rocks, however there are ice trolls to worry about, they are decently high levels and the males can hit approximately 170 if you are not wearing yak-hide armour, and the females can throw rocks over the rocks you are mining.
The Isafdar mine is only a decent Adamant mining spot once you have completed Roving Elves and started Mourning's Ends Part I since you will be able to bank at Lletya which is a short run away. The mine is small, only containing the 7 Adamant rocks and is completely unguarded except for a trap at the entrance.
The Keldagrim north mine is a good members place for adamantite ore. It has 10 adamantite rocks and is relatively close to a bank just to the southwest. Completion of the Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf quest is required to access this mine.
Adamantite ore, like all other mined rocks, respawns at a rate directly proportional to the number of people in the rock's RuneScape world. If the world is empty, the ore respawns in 8 minutes; if it is full (with 2000 players), it respawns in 4 minutes. Thus the respawn rate of adamantite ore is
where x is the number of players in the world.
A table of respawn rates is given below.
- Adamantite is most likely derived from the word Adamant, which is defined as, "any impenetrably or unyieldingly hard substance".
- Adamant and similar words are used to refer to any especially hard substance, whether composed of diamond, some other gemstone, or some type of metal. Both adamant and diamond derive from the Greek word αδαμας (adamas), meaning "untameable". Adamantite and adamantium are also common variants.
- Adamantite has, throughout ancient history, referred to anything that was made of a very hard material. Virgil describes Tartarus as having a screeching gate protected by columns of solid adamantine.
- Adamantite may be based on Adamantium, a metal from the Marvel comics, the metal covered the Marvel Hero Wolverine's originally bone-claws and skeleton.
|Standard Metals and Ores|
Helm • Full helmet(t) (g) • Square shield • Kiteshield(t) (g) • Chainbody • Platebody(t) (g) • Plateskirt(t) (g) • Platelegs(t) (g) • Boots(m) • Gloves(m) • Gauntlets • Defender(m) Spikeshield • Berserker shield
(m) stands for members only.