Adamant equipment is equipment stronger than mithril equipment but weaker than rune equipment. As with all adamant items, they have a dark greenish colour. Interestingly enough, this armour is heavier than any other equipment, even rune. Therefore it is recommended to move on to rune armour as soon as possible. Even though the armour is heavy it has good stats. It has an advantage because it has a huge difference in price compared to rune. Because of this, many people choose adamant armour over rune when they go to PvP areas.
WeaponsEditAdamant weapons require an Attack level of 40 to wield, but specific weapons also require various other stats to use (the halberd, for example, requires 15 Strength).
Item Price Members? Other requirements Adamant dagger 345 No None Adamant hatchet 595 No 40 Attack to wield, 31 Woodcutting to use Adamant mace 687 No None Adamant claw 708 Yes None Adamant sword 1,085 No None Adamant longsword 1,668 No None Adamant scimitar 1,355 No None Adamant spear 880 Yes None Adamant warhammer 2,942 No None Adamant battleaxe 2,253 No None Adamant 2h sword 3,404 No None Adamant halberd 4,687 Yes 15 Strength Adamant pickaxe 1,673 No 40 Attack to wield, 31 Mining to use Adamant cane 21,878 Yes None Adamant hasta 1,098 Yes None
- Adamant crossbow
- Adamant bolts
- Adamant arrows
- Adamant brutal arrows
- Adamant darts
- Adamant javelin
- Adamant throwing axe
- Adamant knife
ArmourEditAdamant armour (also known as addy armour or adam armour) is the third-highest quality armour on the standard metal armour spectrum (bronze to dragon). Adamant armour requires 40 Defence to wear. Adamant armour also comes in silver trimmed and gold trimmed versions, both of which can be found from level 2 Treasure trails.
In the March 2012 Behind the scenes, it was announced that Adamant armour would receive a graphical update along with black-dragon equipment, and various other armours.
|Adamant sq shield||1,797||No||None|
|Adamant full helm||1,806||No||None|
|Adamant berserker shield||Fully charged: 100 Fist of Guthix tokens|
|Adamant gloves||Untradeable, 2,500 from|
|Yes||Completed 7 Recipe for Disaster sub-quests|
|Adamant gauntlets||Fully charged: 150 Fist of Guthix tokens|
The pieces of armour have the following statistics:
|Mainhand Info||Offhand Info||Attributes||Critical bonuses|
|Adamant full helm||N/A||-||-||N/A||-||-||86||480||0||0%||0%||0%|
|Platelegs / Plateskirt||N/A||-||-||N/A||-||-||95||720||0||0%||0%||0%|
|Adamant sq shield||N/A||-||-||N/A||-||-||78||600||0||0%||0%||0%|
Ornamental and trimmed armour have identical statistics compared to regular adamantite armour. Members can obtain the armour from treasure trails.
- Adamant full helm (t)
- Adamant platebody (t)
- Adamant platelegs (t)
- Adamant plateskirt (t)
- Adamant kiteshield (t)
- Adamant full helm (g)
- Adamant platebody (g)
- Adamant platelegs (g)
- Adamant plateskirt (g)
- Adamant kiteshield (g)
- Adamant helm (h1-h5)
- Adamant platebody (h1-h5)
- Adamant plateskirt (h1-h5)
- Adamant platelegs (h1-h5)
- Adamant shield (h1-h5)
- The word most probably comes from the word adamantos, meaning invincible (even though in Runescape it isn't exactly that!). Interestingly the word diamond also comes from this. It may also have come from the word adamant, meaning as hard as rock.
- In some Greek myths it is believed that the mythic adamant is "unbreakable".
- In marvel comics, adamantite or adamantium is the strongest metal in the universe, so strong that it took Hulk days to break an adamant needle. Wolverine also has adamant in his bones and claws.
- Adamant armour looks similar to proselyte armour in shape, but not in colour.
- Adamant armour looks similar to Orcish Armour from the "Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" (video game). It is similar in colour and shape.
- The Evolution of Combat update changed the requirement to wear rune equipment from 40 to 50. Players who only had 40 defence just to wear rune equipment reverted to adamant equipment.
|Normal metal equipment|
Helm • Full helmet(t) (g) • Square shield • Kiteshield(t) (g) • Chainbody • Platebody(t) (g) • Plateskirt(t) (g) • Platelegs(t) (g) • Boots(m) • Gloves(m) • Gauntlets • Defender(m) Spikeshield • Berserker shield
(m) stands for members only.