|Release||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||384 coins|
|Low alch||256 coins|
|Exchange||2,814 coins (info)|
|It's a bar of adamant.|
An Adamant bar is a bar of refined adamantite ore. It can be created through the Smithing skill by using an adamantite ore and 6 pieces of coal on a furnace or by using the magic spell Superheat Item. Doing so grants 37.5 Smithing experience. The adamantite ore can be mined at Mining level 70, while coal can be mined at level 30 (or could be bought off another player or the Grand Exchange).
It costs 2,328 to manufacture one bar using materials bought off the Grand Exchange. One can expect a net gain of 486 each at current market prices. If the player is using Superheat Item, then the cost is 3,013, or 2,701 if a fire staff is used. Using the Blast Furnace to halve the coal required results in a cost of 1,638 and net gain of 1,176.
Adamant is the heaviest of all ores and this type of bar is heavier than any other bar with the exception of an obsidian bar, which weighs 3 kg.
An adamant bar can be smithed on an anvil through the Smithing skill to create adamant weapons and armour, granting 62.5 Smithing experience per bar used. When an adamant bar is smelted and then forged into an item, the total experience per bar is 100, which is conveniently easy to remember. A list of adamant items that can be smithed from adamant bars and the Smithing levels required can be found here.
They may also be obtained as drop from aviansies, dark beasts, desert strykewyrm, black, bronze and iron dragons, adamant dragons, abyssal, black and tormented demons and the tormented wraith. The fastest way to get them is by far adamant dragons as they drop two upon death. Many people do not mine adamantite ore to smelt it into bars, because of the high Mining level required and the fact that most mines lack large amounts of adamantite ore rocks. The Jatizso mine, however, contains many ore rocks, although the northern half of the mine is infested with aggressive Ice trolls.
Adamant bars are also the tertiary ingredient in infusing Adamant minotaur pouches.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||23.0%|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
- The word "adamant(ite)" is abstracted form the Greek word "adamas" (also the root of the word "diamond") meaning "unconquerable," and refers to any strong metal.
- For little more than half a year it was the strongest metal in RuneScape Classic, being released in January 2001 while Runite wasn't released until August of the same year.
- The name "adamantite bar" was changed to "adamant bar" in November 2010, because adamantite was the name of the ore, not the metal. The name of "Runite bar" was also changed to "Rune bar" for the same reason.