Account creation is very simple. You have to follow a few steps listed here.
The first part of account creation is done on the RuneScape site:
- To start, wait for the game to load, and press the following underneath the login section
- After that, select your gender (don't worry, it can be changed at a later time):
- And then choose your hair colour; your facial hair would also be the same as said colour.
- After choosing your hair, you will see what outfits you can choose from. Once again it may be changed at a later date.
- And then your legs, and the colour of it:
- Now you can choose what boots you want:
- Now click done and enter your information:
- And finally, you can choose your facial hair. The colour you chose for your hair will also apply for your facial hair:]
- Now you can click "Play Now" and you are done! Now you can choose to do the Ashdale quest (as a tutorial), do them later or just don't do them, and you are ready to play RuneScape!
- In the character selection, (the first screen after logging in) the character wields weapons/items that are not available in the rest of the game.
- Before you name your character, it is named #PlayerXXXX, where XXXXs are random numbers. This can also be seen if your name became unavailable on login.
- The account creation process used to stretch 10 steps as shown here.