|Release||13 June 2005 (Update)|
|It seems to have eyes in the back of its head...|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|13 / 9 / 4|
4 ticks (2.4s)
An Abyssal guardian is a monster that dwells in the Abyss, and also in the Abyssal Area (Fairy Ring code: ALR). Abyssal guardians can hit fairly high for their level, though they have low defence and are fairly inaccurate. Abyssal guardians attack with magic and are weak to arrows.
If hunting Abyssal monsters for their rune pouch drops, it is recommended to kill Abyssal walkers instead, which are slightly lower-levelled.
- Abyss, reached via the Mage of Zamorak in Level 5 Wilderness
- Abyssal Area, reached via the Fairy ring code ALR.
|Abyssal charm||1||Common||Not sold|
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 4,719 kills.|
1 charm is dropped at a time.
|Elemental talisman||1||Very rare||1,538|
|Small pouch||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Medium pouch||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Large pouch||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Giant pouch||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Pure essence||1; 2; 5; 10; 25 (noted)||Uncommon||29–725|
- ^ a b c d Note that you will only get a pouch if you have all the smaller pouches, and if you have them all, you will no longer get them as a drop, unless you lose one.
|Spirit sapphire||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit emerald||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit ruby||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Sealed clue scroll (medium)||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Mimic kill token||1||Very rare||18,233|
- Abyssal guardians' heads have different sides, each representing a happy, angry, sad, and dead face. When it is idling, its happy face is at the front; when it is attacking, it will turn its angry face to the front; when it is being attacked, it will turn its sad face to the front; and when its health is reduced to zero, it will turn its dead face to the front before it dies.
- Its head may be a reference to Pyramid Head from the game and movie Silent Hill.