Abyssal demons are one of the strongest demons in RuneScape. They can drop a large amount of items, ranging from a few coins to an abyssal whip, regarded as one of the best non-degradable weapons. Players need a slayer level from 80-84 (wild pies) to temporarily damage them, and 85 to be able to damage them without the use of a wild pie.
Abyssal demons can be cannoned; however this is pointless as the only place to do so is the Abyss, and the abyssal demons there are well spread out.
Dharoking is a common way to kill them, provided the player does not mind losing a part of Dharok's set. However, players should take caution as they can hit unusually accurate, despite their low damage output. With a good strength level. As you're avoiding the attacks, a good prayer bonus may be helpful.
- Helm: Dharok's helm
- Body: Dharok's platebody
- Legs: Dharok's platelegs.
- Weapon: Dharok's greataxe
- Boots: Steadfast boots > Dragon boots > Rune boots > Adamant boots
- Ring: Ring of wealth > Ring of life
- Amulet: Demon horn necklace > Amulet of fury > Split dragontooth necklace.
- Cape: Completionist cape > Max cape > Skill capes
- Self-Inflicting items (optional)
- 12-20 Prayer potions
- Emergency teleport (optional)
- Dramen staff (Abyss use only, if Fairy Tale III - Orks Rift is not completed)
- Helm: Full slayer helm/Black mask (slayer) > Third-age druidic wreath > Citharede hood > Proselyte sallet > Initiate sallet > Helm of neitiznot
- Body: Third-age druidic robe top > Citharede robe top > Proselyte hauberk > Initiate hauberk
- Legs: Third-age druidic robe > Citharede robe bottom > Proselyte tasset > Initiate tasset
- Amulet: Demon horn necklace > Amulet of fury > Split dragontooth necklace > Amulet of glory > Amulet of power
- Weapon: Godsword > Zamorakian spear/Saradomin sword > Chaotic rapier > Abyssal vine whip > Abyssal whip > Korasi's sword
- Boots: Bandos boots > Steadfast boots > Dragon boots > Rune boots
- Cape: Completionist cape > Third-age druidic cloak > Max cape > TokHaar-Kal > Skill cape
- Gloves: Goliath gloves > Culinaromancer's gloves 10 > Culinaromancer's gloves 9 > Culinaromancer's gloves 8
- Helm: Mask of the Abyss (slayer) > Full slayer helm/Black mask (slayer) > Torag's helm > Helm of neitiznot
- Body: Any Barrows chestplate/Bandos chestplate > Dragon platebody > Rune platebody
- Legs: Any Barrows legplate/Bandos tassets > Dragon platelegs/skirt > Rune platelegs/skirt
- Amulet: Saradomin's whisper > Amulet of fury> Amulet of glory
- Weapon: Drygore Longsword (with Off-hand Drygore longsword ) > Chaotic longsword (with Off-hand chaotic longsword) > Any Godsword > Abyssal vine whip (with Enhanced excalibur) > Abyssal whip (with Enhanced excalibur) > Dragon scimitar
- Boots: Steadfast boots > Bandos Boots > Dragon boots > Ganodermic boots
- Aura: Vampyrism
- Ring: Ferocious Ring > Sixth-Age circuit
- Gloves: Spellcaster gloves > Culinaromancer's Gloves 10 (Barrows Gloves)
- Pick up drops. Abyssal demons are commonly known for dropping noted pure essence in stacks of 60. They are good droppers of rune items. Always keep the Abyssal whips and sell them when needed.
- Alch the rune and mithril items that they drop.
- If needed to save time, several Infernal urns may be helpful as they will automatically collect their ashes.