|Release date||13 June 2005 (Update)|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Examine text||It seems to have eyes in the back of its head...|
An Abyssal guardian is a monster that dwells in the Abyss, and also in the Abyssal Area (Fairy Ring code: ALR). Abyssal guardians can hit fairly high for their level with melee, though they have low defence and are fairly inaccurate. Abyssal guardians initiate attack with melee, but use ranged if attacked first. Their ranged attacks are stronger than their melee attacks, but less accurate. However, as they have a very fast reaction time while aggressive, players usually see the ranged attack only after they become tolerant.
If hunting Abyssal monsters for their rune pouch drops, it is recommended to kill Abyssal walkers instead, which are slightly lower-levelled.
- Abyss, reached via the Mage of Zamorak in Level 5 Wilderness
- Abyssal Area, reached via the Fairy ring code ALR.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Ashes 1 Always 349
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Air talisman 1 Uncommon 145 Mind talisman 1 Uncommon 76 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 4,721 Earth talisman 1 Uncommon 793 Fire talisman 1 Uncommon 2,018 Body talisman 1 Uncommon 187 Cosmic talisman 1 Uncommon 210 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 227 Nature talisman 1 Rare 270 Law talisman 1 Rare 207 Elemental talisman 1 Very rare 81,085
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Binding necklace 1 Uncommon 666 Small pouch 1 Uncommon Not sold Medium pouch 1 Uncommon Not sold Large pouch 1 Uncommon Not sold Giant pouch 1 Uncommon Not sold Pure essence 1 Uncommon 85 Pure essence 1,5,10,25 (noted) Uncommon 85–2,125
Note that you will only get a pouch if you have all the smaller pouches, and if you have them all, you will no longer get them as a drop, unless you lose one.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Abyssal charm 1 Common Not sold
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 1,351 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Clue scroll (medium) 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Rare Not sold
- Abyssal guardians' heads have different sides, each representing a happy, angry, sad, and dead face. When it is idling, its happy face is at the front; when it is attacking, it will turn its angry face to the front; when it is being attacked, it will turn its sad face to the front; and when its health is reduced to zero, it will turn its dead face to the front before it dies.
- Its head may be a reference to pyramid head from the game and movie Silent Hill