|Release date||13 June 2005 (Update)|
|Start point||The Mage of Zamorak at the end of the River Lum in the Wilderness (Roams levels 4-7).|
|Length||Short(Long without teleports)|
|Items required||Items from the toolbelt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added. |
Unlocking the Ardougne and Edgeville lodestones is recommended to save time.
|Enemies to defeat||None|
- Follow the River Lum near Edgeville until you reach the Mage of Zamorak; he wanders around Level 4-7 Wilderness. Talk to him and he will explain to you that it is too dangerous to talk in the Wilderness. He wants you to meet him back at Varrock. Note that he will not talk to you if you are wearing Saradomin or Guthix items.
- Head back to Varrock and find him located at the Zamorak Chaos Temple (South-east of Aubury's Rune Shop). Talk to him there and then ask him where he gets his runes from when the question is available. He will tell you about the Abyss and that he is having problems. Say that you will help him.
Getting the readingsEdit
- He will then give you a Scrying orb. He will explain that you need to travel to the Rune Essence Mine from three different locations with the orb in your inventory. This will give the scrying orb readings of where you traveled from and how you got there.
- Travel to the Rune Essence Mines from three of the six locations.
- It is suggested you travel from Aubury in Varrock, Archmage Sedridor on the third floor of the Wizard's Tower (south of Draynor) and Wizard Cromperty (North-east of the marketplace) at East Ardougne. But you may also travel from Brimstail at his cave south west of the Grand Tree or Wizard Distentor at the Magic Guild if you want. (Note: The teleport from Carwen Essencebinder, the rune saleswoman in Burthorpe, will not count.)
- When you are done, go back to the Chaos Temple in Varrock. Speak to the Zamorakian Mage and he will give you 1,000 Runecrafting experience, an Abyssal book and a small pouch, used to hold 3 rune essence. Then speak to him again; He will tell you this is not the place to talk, then says "meet me back in the wild, you remember the place."
- Travel back to the Wilderness and talk to him again. He will warn you about the monsters and perils that roam the Abyss. Request to teleport to the Abyss and you complete the miniquest.
- If you have other god armour on besides Zamorak he will tell you to take it off before speaking to him, because it is disrespecting the "holy place."
- Ability to enter the Abyss
- 1000 experience
- A Small pouch (able to carry 3 pure essence or rune essence)
Required for completingEdit
Completion of the Abyss miniquest is required for the following: