Abbinah is the homeworld of the aviantese, including Armadyl, and the place where the various species of aviansie evolved. It is near to the planet Kethsi, which was destroyed by the Dragonkin for its inhabitants' use of the Stone of Jas. It is a harsh place with little water and a shattered outer core consisting of floating islands that crash into each other, as well as a chaotic open core that has large chunks ripped out of it and is the only place where water can be found.
The aviantese there were once disparate tribes, constantly warring with each other, but Armadyl united them.
Abbinah will feature heavily in an upcoming quest currently in the early design stages, entitled 'Rite of Passage'. It is confirmed that there are currently still a number of aviantese left upon this world, and Armadyl is aware of them.
- Abbinah was first hinted at in the Chaos Elemental Note 9, first mentioned in the 11th episode of Above the Lore. The correct spelling was later confirmed on twitter by Mod Raven, the designer of the quest.
- The origin of the name, Abbinah, came from Mod Raven researching Armadyl's origin. When he discovered that some players theorised that Armadyl's name might have come from the Seal of Solomon, Mod Raven began searching for words in the Kabbalah tradition. He found two words and merged them together into Abbinah, these were: Bina (meaning: celestial light, according to Mod Raven, as well as 'understanding' or 'contemplation' and called 'processed wisdom' on a psychological level) and Abidan (the idea of a wonderful, interesting world, which is actually quite a harsh world).
- The reason that the Clan citadels used to be Aviansie fortresses is, partly convenience and partly the memory and familiarity they had with the Aviansie homeworld of Abbinah.
- ^ Jagex. Above the Lore - episode 11: Rite of Passage Mod Raven : "I want to take [the players] to the aviansie homeworld of Abbinah." (01:35) Above the Lore podcast, 4 October 2013.
- ^ a b Jagex. Mod Raven's Twitter account. 4 October 2013. Mod Raven: "The correct spelling is Abbinah."
- ^ Armadyl, Missing, Presumed Death, RuneScape. "Need I remind you how they obliterated the planet Kethsi near my homeworld?"
- ^ Dathana, Dathana's message, RuneScape. "We have now stopped using the stone, but I fear it is too late; the dragonkin are now incredibly powerful, and they continue to decimate our cities. The Conclave headquarters were destroyed two months ago, and I have retreated here to the Isle of Sann. I fear it is only a matter of time before all life on this world is eradicated."
- ^ Armadyl, The Bird and the Beast, RuneScape. "Abbinah is a world of floating islands. Like any race, we need water, and the only source is at the core of our world. But the path is fraught, and many have died for the simple survival of our race."
- ^ Armadyl, The Bird and the Beast, RuneScape. "We were once disparate tribes, warring with each other. If I am proud of one thing, it's that I have brought my people together."