- RuneScape uses the British convention for floor numbering: Ground floor, first floor, second floor, etc.
|Release date||10 August 2010 (Update)|
|Quest series||Void Knights (#2)|
|Start point:||Speak to Commodore Tyr at the Void Knights' Outpost|
|Items required:||Items from the toolbelt do not need to be listed unless that version won't work, or aren't automatically added to it. |
|Enemies to defeat:||
- Take the boat in Port Sarim to Pest Control and talk to Commodore Tyr.
- Talk with Korasi and then meet her again on the Port Sarim dock.
- Talk with Gerrant (fishing shopkeeper) and a track will appear outside his shop.
- Follow the track using the Hunter skill, searching bushes, plants and stones until you find a mound just north of The Rusty Anchor. If after a while you fail to find any new tracks, try again; the path will never wander far.
- Check the mound, which is touching the northern wall of the pub, and then go and inform Korasi of your findings.
She will tell you to talk with the bartender of the Rusty Anchor pub in Port Sarim, to gain access to his cellar.
- He is too sick, and has no energy to give you the key, telling you it is in one of the piles of junk on the floor.
- Search them until you find the key and proceed to the cellar, by entering the trapdoor on the north-west side of the pub.
Once inside, Jessika will find something odd about the wall.
- Mine the Suspicious Looking Wall with a pickaxe, and a strange purple goo will begin to pour out.
In order to obtain a container for the goo, you must find an empty barrel in the storeroom.
- Kick all the other (full) barrels into the correct positions, giving a clear path for the empty barrel, and then kick that along the path directed in the picture below.
- It is possible that in solving this puzzle you will block your exit. If this happens, reset the puzzle and then leave the room; if you already pushed the empty barrel out it will be there already.
- You can use your Void Knight whistle to undo or reset your puzzle (You can only undo one move).
- Talk to the bartender after completing the puzzle and afterwards either telling the truth or lie, then talk to Captain Korasi at the docks.
- Before you take the ship to Karamja, speak to Korasi again, then travel to Karamja and talk to Zambo in the pub. Ask him about anything odd.
- Go to Shopkeeper Kofi, who is located in the general store. He is ill, but will help you if you repair his wall.
- In the southwest corner of the room, "Take-from" the supply table to get logs, a plank, a chisel and a hammer.
- Use the plank and logs on the chisel to get jointed plank and jointed log.
- Use the jointed plank and jointed log together to get a joist. Use the joist on the west part of the north wall to repair it.
- Talk to Shopkeeper Kofi again and he will take you to the pest's tracking point (similar to the one in Port Sarim) in a cut-scene.
- Search the logs, shrubs, and succulents to follow the trail.
At the end of the tracking, you will find another burrow in the banana plantation, where it appears there has been a struggle.
- Note that the trail might not always be the same as shown in the image on the right; the correct shrubs, etc might be a few squares away instead.
- Search the hole to get wood shards. After this, talk to Captain Korasi. You will be told to go to Rimmington.
- Before travelling to Rimmington, make sure you have at least 15 free inventory spaces and the waxwood shards still in your inventory (after the shards are given to Rommik, one space will be freed up, making 16). (If you've completed Rocking Out, the customs locker in Rimmington can be used as a deposit box).
- Talk to Rommik in the Rimmington Crafting shop, and he will tell you about a large order of waxwood boxes to someone in Falador. (if, for some reason, you log out after giving the sample to Rommik, you will have to return to Musa Point, where Jessika will give you more. Also, if you accidentally click somewhere in the world or map after first giving the shards to Rommik, he will take them and you will have to take a trip back to Jessika at Musa Point for some more.)He will not take the second ones you show him though.
- Talk to Captain Korasi in the Chemist's house, and then talk to the Chemist.
Analysing the sample
- Note: You need 16 empty inventory spaces for this.
After players speak to the chemist, they start a puzzle.
- On the right of the screen is a chart of five recipes, each combining two substances to obtain a third. They are all of the form "A + B = C."
- There are four substances added to the player's inventory when the puzzle starts. The ways in which they can be combined can vary from player to player.
- On the left of the screen is a chart showing the current state of the machine in three areas: Heat, Power, and Stability.
- It also shows a "current" ingredient (either A or B) and a "desired" result (C).
- Refer to the recipes to see what ingredient must be added to the current one in order to obtain the desired result.
- To perform the analysis, players must add the required ingredient from their inventory into the hopper.
- After a short time, the current ingredient and desired result change. Consult the recipes again to determine the new required ingredient. Repeat as necessary.
- While doing this, the machine may become unbalanced with high/low heat/power, as indicated by the table on the left of the screen. Adjust the heat and power as necessary. Each turn of the wheel changes the status one unit. If it has become severely unbalanced, several turns may be needed to return it to equilibrium.
- There are 6 states to the Heat and Power state: Very Low, Low, OK, High, Very High and, as it's about to fail, SHORTFALL (for too low) and DANGER (for too high). Immediately take action if heat or power becomes Very Low or Very High
- If all parts of the machine are continually kept in balance and the correct ingredients are added when needed, the machine eventually reaches 100%. If not, the machine explodes (it can explode with 100% showing) and players need to start the analysis again from the beginning.
- Try and balance out power and heat before adding in compounds, as power and heat may change while adding in the compounds, and may cause some trouble.
- This challenge can be extremely difficult if you have a slow or laggy connection as the values may change rather rapidly.
|Heat||Stoke furnace||Open furnace vent|
|Power||Increase power flywheel||Apply brake flywheel|
- After completing the puzzle, speak to the Chemist.
- Speak with Sir Tiffy and he will tell you there is a stall south of the east bank whose owner, Ali Tist, is selling mysterious puzzle boxes.
- Buy one off him and return to Sir Tiffy. After you try to open the box, Sir Tiffy, Korasi and Jessika would each have a go, but fail. Jessika would then suggest some complex ways to open it. You will be given some options on how to open it. It does not matter what you choose, so choose anything. Korasi will then crack it open with her sword pommel.
- Return to the seller in attempt to find out where he got the boxes, and when he refuses, return to Sir Tiffy and then go to Sir Amik Varze, leader of the White Knights (He can be found on the 2nd floor, of the west tower in White Knights' Castle), and he will give you a warrant to search Tist's stall.
- Question the stall owner and he will give you a mysterious clue scroll.
- Return to Sir Tiffy and you will begin the Treasure Trail, with Korasi and Jessika keeping contact via CommOrb. Note: You will need the onion for this part.
- You will also need a spade, watch, sextant and a chart for this part.
The first clue is a map, the location of which is just south of the wheat field northwest of Falador, south of Taverley. Digging approximately in the area demonstrated by the scroll will provide you with a new scroll.. You will speak with Korasi via the CommOrb and you will listen to Jessika and Korasi put their differences aside.
The clue you receive will read: "South of a city and east of a guild, there wanders a fellow whose path went astray. Hand him an onion and give him a wave, if on track for treasure you're wishing to stay."
- Go east of the Crafting Guild and find the Man with a walking stick wandering around the area. Give him an onion and then select the wave option.
You will receive another clue.
- If you don't already have an onion, you can pick one just southeast of the crafting guild, north of Rimmington.
- Enter the farmhouse and search the crate left beside the entrance.
- You will receive another clue and speak to Korasi via the CommOrb.
The new clue reads "Splash of red in a holy bed; lies north of its fountain, east of Ice Mountain. Its three closest neighbours have petals of blue; just dig where it's planted to find your next clue."
- The location of the clue is the Edgeville Monastery, so make your way there.
- The flower is in the north east corner of the central fountain area.
- After digging on the correct red flower, you will receive a coordinate clue.
Note: This is the time to prepare all your potions, food and armour. The knight is very weak to Magic and there is a safespot available, so Magic is strongly recommended. It is not necessary to bring the final clue scroll nor a spade, but remember to bring the CommOrb.
The coordinate clue reads: "11 degrees, 31 minutes north 17 degrees, 54 minutes east" which is a hatch entrance north of the Black Knights' Fortress. This is different to the Treasure Trail coordinate clues; these coordinates lead to a hatch that does not require a Sextant, Watch or Map to open.
Try to enter the hatchway and you will speak with Korasi and Jessika via the CommOrb. They will teleport to you.
Jessika speaks with Korasi about joining the Void Knights.
Investigating the Kinshra Base
- The three of you enter the hatchway and appear in a room full of boxes.
Korasi will knock out the knight on guard and kill him.
Note: If you are caught in this room, you are thrown out, however you can just simply climb back down.
- Speak with Korasi and she will try to enter the next room. The Black knight doorkeeper will not allow her to enter because she does not know the password.
- Jessika will summon a Void drone which you have to plant on the low box near the door. Sneak your way over to the low box near the door avoiding contact with the workers walking in and out of the room. Plant the bug and wait for a worker to go through the door. If you get the message "This box is of no immediate use to you", you must go back to the girls and finish all the dialogue; "click continue" on everything.
- Pick the Void Drone up and speak with Jessika, who tells you the password. Jessika approaches the door and tells the guard the password, but without an identification insignia she is not allowed in.
- Pick-pocket a worker as he is leaving and you will receive his insignia.
- Knock on the door and speak with the guard. You will say the password and he will ask for your insignia. After trying to trick you with a "secret handshake," you will enter with Korasi and Jessika.
- You can kill or bind and gag the guard, then speak with Korasi.
- Enter the next room and either right click "Murder" on an indentured servant to receive a key. If you do not wish to murder one of the innocent slaves, search the north-west bench to receive a screwdriver of sorts. Use this with the north-east bench to receive a piece of metal. Get another screwdriver and do the same with the other two benches in the south-east and south-west (you will need a spare inventory slot, although the tool is destroyed). Combine the hook and both pieces of metal into a gaff. To the west of the door you will find a key on a shelf. Use the hooked pole on this shelf. You will receive a key.
Final Battle: The Kinshra's Finest
Be sure to drain your prayer points before entering the final room (see note below).
Use the key on the next door. You will always kill a worker in one hit dealing 150 damage, which is always dealt with melee. You will appear in a room with two level 110 Black Knight Guardians.
Korasi attacks the one on the east and the west knight is all yours. The guardian can hit hard and accurately and has high Defencestats. Although he can be poisoned, a poisoned dagger is not a recommended weapon for this fight. Should you die, your gravestone will appear upstairs next to the hatch. You will have to start your fight again.
You can choose to use Ancient Magicks for the fight, and, if ice spells are used correctly, you can easily finish the fight without having to use any food by freezing the guard and running away from him to attack him from a distance. Another option is to use a full Guthan's set, which can work very nicely with little to no need for food for this battle. Note that the knight has very high melee defence, so it is highly recommended to mage the knight.
Note: If the player has any prayer points while fighting the knight, he will shout "En garde!", "Your energy will fuel my life!" or "In Zamorak's name!", drain the player's prayer points and heal himself.
- When you finish killing it, speak with the Void leech, which tells you a little about pest life.
- You are then given the option to set it free or kill it.
- Either way, Korasi will teleport you and Jessika back to the Void Knights' Outpost.
- Speak with Commodore Tyr, and after a cut-scene the quest is complete!
- Note: during the final cutscene, you may click anywhere to interrupt it. Talk to Commodore Tyr to start it again.
- 1 Quest point
- 50 Void Knight commendation points
- 10,000 Experience
- 10,000 Experience
- 8,000 Experience
- 8,000 Experience
- 5,000 Experience
- 5,000 Experience
- 5,000 Experience
- 2 extra spins on the Squeal of Fortune
- "A Void Dance" is a play on the word "avoidance".
- On the day of release, the spoilers on the website read: Was writing rewards. Had no energy. Will do later. Check back tomorrow. This is a reference to the illness that the Void leech causes.
- When the player tries to open the puzzle box given by Ali Tist, the player says "What is this? I don't even..." which is a popular Internet Meme.
- You can destroy the key to the celler before talking to the barman and still say, "Here's your key back."
- When telling the barman a comforting lie, the conversation about a gas leak caused by light from a distant planet reflecting through a weather balloon is a reference to Men in Black.
- After reporting to Captain Korasi that you've told a comforting lie to the bartender she replies, "I'm sure he could have handled the truth" this is a play on the famous "You can't handle the truth" courtroom scene from the film A Few Good Men
- During the final cutscene Commodore Tyr is wrongly named Captain Tyr and when hovered over with the cursor still displays the quest symbol for Quiet Before the Swarm.
- The Adventurers' Log reads "I tracked the escaped void pest, and discovered its fate and a number of disturbing implications... " when this quest has been completed.
- The homepage showed the chemist's machine on the ground floor of his lab. This was changed a day later.
- At the time of release, the music track All for the Pest was glitched; some players found they could not unlock it. This was fixed on the 11th of August 2010.
- An invisible music track was released along with this quest. The unlock hint states that "This track unlocks automatically."
- When speaking to Rommik, your player will show him the wood shards even if you do not have them in your inventory.
- There is a glitch when you fix the wall of Kofi's shop you will hit the wall with the weapon you have equipped and not a hammer.
- During the analysing the sample part, there is a glitch where if you search a crate near the ladder you won't be able to move. To move again just simply climb up the ladder, however, it will lose your progress you have obtained from the machine.
- After the doorkeeper is hidden/killed, the Guarded door still shows the "Knock-on" option, and if you try to do so, you will open it and walk in/out normally.
- Although the chemist says you do need to turn the sample into the mixture displayed on the high/low pressure table if it changes, you can still get to 100% without having to change the sample at all, but the stability will be very low and dangerous and the pressure and heat will change very very fast.
- 'A Void Dance' was originally listed at the top of the members section of the quest list as a quest starting with 'A'. This was later changed to being listed as starting with 'V', similar to how quests starting with 'the' are not necessarily listed under 'T'. However in the Adventurer's Log it is still listed under A.
- When you are talking with Sir Tiffy, Korasi and Jessika right after Jessika teleports you to the Falador park, you can click the compass button next to the minimap to "Face North", but the camera would quickly spin to where it was aiming at. If you attack something (e.g. Gardener) you would "break out", and attack the target.
- On 3 October 2011 there was a bug which made this quest incompletable. The trail could not be followed all the way, as one of the shrubs would not show more tracks and you could not continue. The bug was fixed on 5 November 2011.
- Around the 21 March 2012, when this quest was completed, the Adventurer's Log showed this quest as 'Cabin Fever' but with the same description.. The same issue was encountered when Quiet Before the Swarm was completed. This bug has been fixed.
- This is one of the only quests where an NPC swears. During the starting dialogue, after commodore Tyr suggests enlisting Jessika's help in tracking the pest, and mentioning that Korasi said the same thing, Korasi will reply, "Damn what I said!"
|Sea Slug quest series|
|Void Knights quest series|
|Mahjarrat quest series|