|Release date||13 May 2010 (Update)|
|Quest series||Fairy Tale (#4)|
|Developer||Tytn H, Ingrid J|
Official description Edit
|“||The Fairy Queen is back to full health and her resistance movement is gathering momentum, but the Godfather (and his ever-growing ork army) aren't going to give up the throne without a fight. Defeating all those orks is going to be like pulling teeth.||”|
|Start point:|| Speak to Fairy Very Wise.|
Note: You must take a fairy ring from any location to Zanaris to start the quest, although you will end up in a small area with Fairy Very Wise.
If you decline her offer to take up the quest you will not be teleported to this location again upon accessing a fairy ring. Instead, you will have to use the code BIR to access this location manually. If the last place you teleported is the resistance HQ then you will have to type in the code twice.
|Items required:||Items from the toolbelt do not need to be listed unless that version won't work, or aren't automatically added to it. |
|Enemies to defeat:|
With a Dramen Staff or Lunar Staff, as well as Nuff's Certificate in your inventory, go into any one of the fairy rings around Runescape. If you appear at Zanaris, and not a small area with Fairy Very Wise nearby, make sure you have the Certificate with you, and attempt to move through a Fairy Ring again. As of the release of Evolution of combat, entering the shed in Lumbridge swamp and typing BIR into the Zanaris Fairy Ring does not work, even with the Certificate in inventory.
Talk to Fairy Very Wise. She will explain that this is the Sparse Plane which is used by fairies for emergency meetings. She casts an enchantment on you so that you do not need Nuff's certificate anymore and have to dial only one co-ordinate to enter the Fairy Resistance Hideout. She says the Fairy Queen and her general want to speak to you and will offer you a one-time teleport to the resistance HQ. After being teleported, speak to the Fairy Queen to start the quest. She is located in the south-east corner of the Fairy Resistance HQ. She will send you to the Tooth Fairy.
Talk to the Tooth fairy and she will ask you to turn on the projector to watch a briefing about Fairy Tooth Magic. After the briefing, talk to the tooth fairy again and she will ask you to watch yet another briefing about the Fairy Godfather's plans.
After the second briefing, the Tooth Fairy will ask you to find her wand for her, but first a tooth extractor is needed. Head north west into another room in the resistance HQ that houses secateurs and hammers. Also you may want to take a bucket for later use, or buy it in the Zanaris general store. Use the hammer on the secateurs to make a tooth extractor (a sacred clay hammer also works, but magic secateurs do not). Exit to Zanaris.
Tooth Fairy's houseEdit
Head to Tooth Fairy's house located north west of the bank. Use the tooth extractor on the door to pick the lock (51 thieving required).
Talk to Gnarly. You will need at least 37 Summoning points remaining to do this. If you do not, you will not be able to understand him, and he will bite you for a small amount of damage. There is a Small obelisk south east of the house if you need to recharge. You will have to compliment him and his teeth. Say the following things:
- You're a wonderful guard tooth with lovely cusps.
- I can see your bicuspid ancestry is an example to all molar-kind.
- Your enamel shimmers like a river of silver in the moonlight.
- I've never seen such amazing, inspired and dream-like toothiness.
He will then ask for some milk. If you brought a bucket of milk, give it to Gnarly, otherwise, take a bucket to the dairy cow east of the wheat field. He will ask you to close your eyes, then tell you to pick him up and take him to the tooth fairy. Agree to, and return to the Tooth Fairy.
Use the Zanaris fairy ring to get back to the Resistance Headquarters. With the new spell that Fairy Very Wise cast on you, all you need to do is use the coordinates AJS. Be sure to click the entry at the bottom of the list, or you will end up on the penguin island near Miscellania. Talk to the Tooth fairy and watch another briefing in which you discover that Fairy Tooth Hunters made a tooth from each general rot. This will also explain how you will have to kill orks, retrieve their teeth and re-plant them.
After watching the briefing, step onto the yellow flowers next to the board and use the wave emote. Make sure you have the tooth extractor in the inventory before proceeding. Your tooth will now be pulled and replaced by a Magic tooth (so that you can access more fairy rings) by the TEEF. After a humorous conversation, you will be given a fairy dossier with important information on the generals and the Fairy Godfather. Return to Zanaris, through the fairy ring.
Bre'egth is located near the windmill located east of the bank. Talking to her will reveal that another ork, named K'Chunk, has taken her tooth. Speak with any other Ork to find that you need to speak with Fairy Fixit to locate K'Chunk.
Head to Fairy Fixit, who is located near the fairy ring in Zanaris. Fairy Fixit will refer you to a remote island where K'Chunk was sent to, and give you the coordinates DIP. K'Chunk will tell you that he has hidden the tooth on his body. You will need to pickpocket him to steal it, receiving Bre'egth's tooth.
Note: If the Fairy Resistance HQ was the last location you travelled to using the fairy rings, the coordinates given to you by Fairy Fixit will likely take you back to the HQ. If this is the case, travel to any alternative fairy ring before attempting to travel to K'Chunk.
Gromblod can be found at the Enchanted Valley, looking for food there. Go there using the fairy ring code BKQ. Talk to Gromblod, but he will not tell you much. A few steps away, talk to the Wood dryad or a Centaur. You'll be told that they want Gromblod out of there.
Talk to Gromblod again to find out that he is looking for a mango. Talk to the Wood dryad and ask where you can find a mango. She indicates you the mango tree at Ape Atoll. Using the fairy ring code CLR. She will also enchant you so you can access the ring. Go to Ape Atoll (CLR, and pick a mango from the tree which is located right next to the fairy ring (while you are here you can unblock the log that leads to the rest of Ape Atoll).
Return to the Enchanted Valley (BKQ) and give the mango to Gromblod. After eating the mango, Gromblod's tooth will become stuck in the mango and he will throw it away. Pick up the mango with tooth at the south. It will not show up as a red dot on the minimap but is directly south of Gromblod. Pull the mango out then use the tooth extractor on the mango to retrieve Gromblod's tooth.
Shredflesh can be found in a cave to the west of Gu'Tanoth; for now use the fairy ring code ALP. Bring your pickaxe to access the main map (your toolbelt pickaxe will work). Talk to Shredflesh there and ask if you could help. Ask him the first three questions, then ask 'Can I help with something?' After that say the first three questions then say that you're a dentist. A mood bar should pop-up.
Use the correct dialogue options that ease him, and convince him to pull his teeth. As soon as this bar is filled the ork will allow you to pull his teeth.
- What's a bit of pain for a huge ork hero like you?
- If the tooth isn't pulled out, all your teeth will hurt much worse!
- Let me pull it! What are you, an ork or a goblin?
- I'll make sure it doesn't hurt a bit; I'm a professional.
Preparing for battleEdit
Return to the Fairy Resistance HQ (AIR, DLR, DJQ, AJS) and talk to the Tooth Fairy, who will explain the rest of the plan to you and tell you to turn on the projector for yet another briefing. She tells you to go to the Orks Rift using the Fairy rings, with the codes BIR, DIP, CLR, ALP. She will also give you her fairy wand to heal the statues there (that can be used as a Dramen staff).
Go to the Orks Rift and look through the Fairy Tree to view a cutscene. Speak to the tooth fairy after the cutscene, who explains that only the ork ivory statues can disable the godfather's shield, and that you will have to defeat the generals and about 8 Orks first. You can now squeeze through the fairy tree and dispatch the Fairy Mafia once and for all. The generals (Shredflesh, Bre'egth and Gromblod) are level 122; the Orks are level 114; and the Fairy Godfather is level 120.
- Items needed for this section: The 3 Generals' teeth (Shredflesh's, Gromblod's and Bre'egth's), Farming boosts if your level is below 54, Fairy wand, equipment for defeating multiple high level foes
- Items recommended: good food (monkfish or better), 1-3 prayer potions, Beast of Burden familiar, suggested at lower combat levels to carry extra supplies. NOTE: THE RING OF LIFE DOES NOT WORK IN THE RIFT!
Notes: If you die during this final battle, your gravestone will be at the main fairy ring in Zanaris. If you lose any of the generals' teeth, you can get them from the tooth fairy in the Orks Rift, along with the wand if it is lost. You can also retrieve them if you had previously put them in your bank. If you leave the area during the fight, you will have to start over from the beginning. The Dwarf Multicannon is not allowed in the area.
Turn on Protect from Magic before entering. You can also take a familiar - something like a Bronze Minotaur to help with attacking the Generals or a beast of burden to carry spare food. After entering, plant the 3 teeth in the patches to the south and stay at the nearby area. The generals will approach you. Two of the generals will attack using melee, one of them with ranged, and if you aren't within melee range they attack with magic. The Godfather will also use magic, that might either entangle you, or hurt the player and the ivory statues.
The Godfather will also heal the orks with 110 life points, and the generals with 200 every once in a while (approximately every minute). Attack the generals before the ork warriors, and keep an eye on the patches just in case. The patches can be diseased. If so, they must be healed with the fairy wand.
Each General has a special role, and killing them provides a certain advantage:
- General Shredflesh will cause the patches to become diseased if he gets near them. It is recommended to kill him first. Click him repeatedly to draw his attention back to you and keep him from getting near the patches. Once he is dead, you can leave the patches alone and focus on the fight.
- General Grombold will summon more ork warriors by beating on the drums to the north, near the rift. It is recommended to kill him second, immediately after Shredflesh is dead. Attack him quickly and click him multiple times, because he will start to head for the drums even while you are fighting him. If you constantly click him, you may be able to stop him from summoning any extra warriors at all. Players with a low combat level may wish to take this general out first, since lower defence can cause the weaker orks to hit more frequently. It also helps reduce the damage per second inflicted on you.
- General Breg'eth is the commander of the ork warriors, and killing her will cause them to become disorganized and start fighting each other as well as the player. This is not nearly as beneficial as killing the other two, so you should leave her for last. At this point you can relax a little since the Ivory Generals are probably fully-grown and assisting you and you don't need to worry about being attacked by a new swarm of orks.
After all three generals are dead, kill the remaining orks and then equip your Fairy Wand. The Ivory Generals should start to attack the Godfather; if they don't, simply right-click them and select "Fight!". The Godfather will focus all his attacks on the generals, so you can turn your prayer off to conserve it and just click on the generals rapidly to heal them as the Godfather attacks them. If the generals die, they will automatically start to regrow in the farming patch.
You will receive a message in the chatbox as each of the three shields is broken, and once all three are down, you should turn Protect from Magic back on and attack the Godfather yourself. He has very low melee defence and should be easy to kill.
When the Godfather shouts out these phrases, the following effect will happen:
Cement Shoes!: what looks like a grey broken plate flies towards its target and lands on the target's feet. This prevents you from moving for a short while (General Gromblod and General Bre'egth take advantage of this, safespotting you while you are under the effects of this spell). While you are unable to move, if you cannot reach your intended target, simply eat and use potions as necessary until the effects wear off (if using melee). Protect from/Deflect Magic can completely nullify the damage and stunning.
Let me play a tune on my miniature violin!: The ork generals are healed 200 lifepoints each, and ork warriors may also possibly be healed by a lesser amount.
It is also possible to dispatch the Ork Generals and their cronies utilising the multi-target Burst or Barrage spells. Equip melee-resistant Magic armour (Ahrims, Lunar, Skeletal or Splitbark) and preferably a Spirit Shield (Guthix or Saradomin books will work too). Use a good staff, preferably one granting a damage bonus.
Also remember to bring a fast melee weapon to strike the final blows on the Godfather. If you have low Constitution or Defence, consider using Blood Burst or Blood Barrage to compensate for damage, and lower food consumption. If your Constitution and Defence levels are adequate (65+), take good food (Monkfish or better) and bring runes for Ice Burst or Ice Barrage.
Turn on Protect or Deflect Range, plant all the teeth, then run to the patch furthest from the rift. Hide there, and launch your spell upon the pack of Orks in front of you. Try to target in the middle of the group, so you can damage the most at one time, but also try to focus on the Generals at the same time. Once you dispatch the Orkish horde, go and heal the other plants. Attack the final General(the one with the crossbow), if he is still alive until your Ivory Generals are fully grown.
Turn on Protect or Deflect Magic, and heal the Generals as they attack the Fairy Godfather. Once his shields are down, go in for the kill with you melee weapon (his Magic Defence is very high).
- All monsters have a high resistance to ranged, so using ranged is not recommended.
- Kill all the generals first.
- Try to stay near the farming patches, to draw the generals closer to you. If they are allowed to get near the rift, they can beat a set of drums, summoning more ork warriors (even though they cannot beat the drums while under attack, the Godfather's spells may get in the way).
- The best prayer to use is Protect/Deflect Magic, as two of the generals and the Godfather use Magic.
- Rapidly click on the ivory generals to heal them faster, you must have the fairy wand equipped. It is advised not to heal before most or all orks are dead (including the ork generals), as you cannot heal while having a regular weapon equipped, and the generals can quite easily kill their ivory counterparts in a one-on-one match.
- Do not worry if your ivory generals die; they will respawn after a while. The generals can disease their patches, halting their growth, making the task of slaying the generals a priority. Once the generals are dead, wield the wand and heal the patches to continue growth.
- When the generals are dead, the Godfather will stop attacking you.
- When the ivory generals take on the Godfather's shield, you should only heal them as the godfather is not attacking you anyway.
- If using good armour, praying to guard against Magic, and being of high Defence level (90+), one may easily finish the entire fight using no food and a single dose of super potions.
Finishing Up Edit
After defeating the Godfather, talk to him to start a cutscene. The rift sucks in the Godfather, and the fairies attempt stitch up the rift. The rift explodes, the generals emerge, and the Tooth Fairy teleports you back to headquarters. Talk with the Fairy Queen, She rewards you and teleports you to Martin the Master Gardener in Draynor Village, talk with him.
Congratulations, quest complete!
- 2 Quest points
- 11,000 experience
- 11,000 experience
- 11,000 experience
- 1,000 experience
- 1,000 experience
- Magic watering can
- Free access to the Zanaris Market
- Ability to use the Fairy Rings and get into Zanaris without a Lunar or Dramen staff.
- Ability to fetch teeth to get a Tooth creature by speaking to the Tooth Fairy after the quest.
- To have your patches automatically weeded, talk to Martin the Master Gardener after the quest to unlock the ability to have gardeners keep your farming patches weed free. Then, talk to a gardener at one of the patches. If any patch has preexisting weeds, you'll have to remove them before this takes effect.)
- Access to a new battle area in the Ork's Rift, which contains Ivory Bre'egth (cursed), Ivory Gromblod (cursed) and Ivory Shredflesh (cursed). They all have a combat level of 108 and have high gem and blue charm drop rates.
- Ability to sell suqah tooth to the Tooth Fairy for 2,000 coins each. You can also sell to her old teeth, monkey dentures, and kebbit teeth, for amounts ranging from 1 to 200 coins.
- Access to Mos Le Harmless through K'Chunk's island; code D-I-P.
- 2 extra spins on the Squeal of Fortune
During or after the quest, it is possible to go and collect various hidden rewards hidden around the fairy codes.
Some if not all of these rewards can be accessed during the quest itself, such as the shortcut to the Ape Atoll agility course.
- Kebbit teeth - Hunt Sabre-toothed kebbits at the Rellekka Hunter area.
- Suqah tooth - Kill a Suqah at Lunar Isle. Bring Seal of passage.
- Old tooth - Dig at Digsite. Bring a trowel, specimen jar, specimen brush, leather gloves, and leather boots. Dig in the space directly west of the animal skull. It may take several attempts to dig up the tooth.
- Monkey dentures - Purchase from Tutab's Magical Market at Marim, Ape Atoll. Bring a monkey greegree and 10 or more coins.
- Human tooth - It can be found by searching the bunk beds in Gertrude's house just outside Varrock.
With 85 Herblore, you can find a cache of herbs in the mushrooms in the south-eastern section of the Gu'tanoth cave (fairy ring ALP). A temporary boost can not be used. The herbs are:
- 7 ranarr,
- 7 cadantine,
- 7 dwarf weed,
- 2 ranarr seeds,
- 2 dwarf weed seeds
- 3 cadantine seeds.
This reward totals 184,222. Requires 24 free inventory slots. Players might need to log out after completing the quest, then back into the game in order to get to the right cave with fairy ring code A-L-P. The proper cave has no monsters inhabiting it.
With 85 Firemaking and 8 willow logs, you can make an eternal fire in the spent campfire site on the island near Mos Le'Harmless (fairy ring DIP). You'll receive 10,000 Firemaking experience for making the fire. Temporary boosts cannot be used to help you reach the required firemaking level.
You can unlock an entrance to Mos Le'Harmless. This requires 8 regular planks, 16 nails of any type, and a hammer. Use the fairy rings to go to the islands near Mos Le'Harmless. Go to the first bridge and use a plank on the broken part of the bridge. It is repaired, using four planks and eight nails.
The other bridge must be repaired from the Mos Le'Harmless side. Go to Mos Le'Harmless, south of the Cave Horror's cave, use the portal to get on the bridge, and then use a plank on the broken part of the bridge. The second bridge will be repaired, using up four planks and eight nails.
Required for completingEdit
- On the first day of release in the knowledge base, the rewards were covered by the message: "The Tooth Fairy says the rewards for this quest are divulged on a need-to-know basis, and you do NOT need to know. Well, not until tomorrow, anyway."
- Upon completion, the Adventurer's Log reads, "I've helped restore Fairy Queen to the throne sending the Evil Fairy Godfather through the rift never to be seen again."
- Upon asking the tooth fairy if the fairy in the briefing survived, she replies, "It was just a flesh wound." This is a reference to the Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- The name of the quest is a pun on the Battle of Rorke's Drift in South Africa in 1879 in the Zulu war.