Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The 2011 April fools joke was a fake Behind the Scenes article (seen here). It listed a distraction and diversion called "TzHaar Hero", a Hunter update for hunting werewolves and vampires, a quest called "Gertrude’s Cataclysm", and the ability to summon unicorns. However, at the end of the article Jagex stated that the behind the scenes was in fact an April fools joke, and the real behind the scenes would follow later on that day.
- TzHaar Hero is a reference to the musical gaming series Guitar Hero. "TzHaar power" is a reference to "Star Power", a powerup obtainable in Guitar Hero.
- "solos so hot even carbonite couldn't freeze them" is a reference to Star Wars, where Han Solo gets frozen in carbonite.
- Some songs involved with TzHaar hero include Magma Mae [Maggie May by Rod Stewart], Is This The Way To Armadillo? [Is This The Way To Amarillo by Tony Christie], Gielinor Rigby [Eleanor Rigby by The Beatles], Great Capes of Fire [Great Balls of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis] and I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do Jad) [I'd Do Anything for Love (But I won't do that) by Meatloaf].
- Gertrude's Cataclysm is a reference to the quest Gertrude's Cat. This may also be a small reference to RuneScape 'apparently' attempting to copy World of Warcraft, there being an expansion pack in World of Warcraft called Cataclysm released a couple of months before this April Fools joke.
- The renaming of "Blood Pact" to "Tigerblood Pact" is a reference to the recent trending phrase inadvertently created by the real life celebrity Charlie Sheen.
- Tigerblood and Deathpaw is a reference to the popular book series "Warriors" by Erin Hunter.
- The "little pwny unicorns" is a pun on the "My Little Pony" brand of toys, and the word "pwn".
- The Jagex store was set to be stocked up with "Gower Ranger" action figures. This is a reference to the creators of RuneScape, Andrew, Paul, and Ian Gower and the show "Power Rangers".
- "Sailing" was mentioned, as a reference to the highly-anticipated 'skill', Sailing.
- The default "wear" option of partyhats was to be changed to "tear", making the player lose the partyhat.
- The "clipping issues" of the "Emperor's New Clothes" is a reference to a classical story, the Emperor's New Clothes.
- "Fire these agitated birds to see if you can hit Pigzilla in Draynor Market and contribute to your team’s score." is a reference to the popular mobile game by Rovio, Angry Birds.
- "Love triangle", "twi-fight", "Team Drakan!" are references to events in the popular teenage vampire series Twilight, and hunting werewolves and vampires, and a "Van helping of fun" are references to the movie Van Helsing.
- "TzTok-El-Slash" is a reference to Saul 'Slash' Hudson, the former lead guitarist of Guns N' Roses and current lead guitarist of Velvet Revolver.