Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a list of events that happened in 1999:
- DeviousMUD (also known as MUD client), a very early version of RuneScape, is completely rewritten by Andrew Gower and his brothers, who called themselves Jagex, standing for JAva Gaming EXperts. It is released in a public beta for a week, and then removed.
- "Jagex" begins to be used as a trading name.
- RuneScape begins development.
- 12 March: Some duplicate login bugs, and various other bugs were fixed.
- 13 March: Work on a player-2-npc multiple choice style conversation system began.
- 14 March: Work on conversation system was continued.
- 15 March: Player-2-npc conversation system was completed.
- 15 March: Important background scenery can now be named, and manipulated by players.
- 16 March: Player-2-player conversation system was improved.
- 16 March: Quest compiler was at its starting stages.
- 17 March: Quest compiler was finished, but did not support many commands.
- 18 March: Game was debugged - 11 (fairly minor) bugs were fixed.
- 18 March: Auto bug reporting system for client was finished.
- 19 March: Player 'Identikit' system was being updated.
- 22 March: Identikit system was finished. Player's appearance and human NPCs could then be customised.
- 25 March: Wood/forest to the left of the starting zone had been designed.
- 28 March: More bugs were fixed.